- Tissue origin :
Heterologous mesenchymal tissue
- Tissue collagen :
- Physical form :
Dried membrane with one smooth side and one micro-rough side
- Thickness :
Fine: 0.3 mm (±0.1 mm)
Standard: 0.5 mm (±0.1 mm)
- Estimated resorption :
Fine: about 3 months
Standard: about 4 months
- Packaging :
20x20 mm, 30x30 mm, 25x35 mm (oval)
- Product codes :
€120 EV02LLE | 20x20 mm | Fine | Equine
€120 EV02HHE | 20x20 mm | Standard | Equine
€130 EM02HS | 20x20 mm | Standard | Porcine
€140 EV03LLE | 30x30 mm | Fine | Equine
€140 EV03HHE | 30x30 mm | Standard | Equine
€170 EM03HS | 30x30 mm | Standard | Porcine
€130 EVOLLE | 25x35 mm (oval) | Fine | Equine
€195 EM00HS | 25x35 mm (oval) | Standard | Porcine
- Characteristics: Obtained from heterologous mesenchymal tissue, the Evolution membrane is gradually resorbable1. Its structure is made of dense collagen fibers of high consistency and of extraordinary resistance that offer the specialist surgeon:
- maximum adaptability to bone tissue and soft tissues
- easy and secure suturability to nearby tissues
- best membrane-bone and membrane-periosteum interface
- stability and prolonged protection of the underlying graft.
- Handling: The membrane can be shaped with sterile scissors until the desired size is reached; unless the grafting site is already bleeding, the membrane should be rehydrated with lukewarm physiological solution. Once it acquires the desired plasticity, it must be adapted to the grafting site.
NB: in case of accidental exposure, the dense collagenic matrix of Evolution protects the graft from infection; the membrane itself will also not be infected, allowing second intention healing.
- Clinical indications: Evolution is obtained from heterologous mesenchymal tissue and is completely resorbable. Experimental studies have shown histological evidence of the prolonged barrier effect of this membrane, which lasts at least eight weeks, protecting the graft from external agents. The dense collagenic matrix of Evolution protects the graft from infection in case of accidental exposure: the membrane itself will also not be infected, allowing second intention healing. This property is particularly important in case of flapless regeneration of large posterior sockets: in these cases, the standard model is recommended.
In lateral access sinus lift Evolution membranes are indicated to cover antrostomy (standard model) and to protect the sinus membrane from cutting risk due to graft pressure (fine model or OsteoBiol® Special).
Evolution is also ideal to protect peri-implant regenerations1 and periodontal grafts. Furthermore, Evolution fine has been successfully used in combination with OsteoBiol® Gel 40 for the treatment of gingival recessions and to protect Sp-Block in vertical augmentation with inlay technique.